There are two ways educators can create a portfolio story:
1. From scratch
2. Duplicating a published child story to edit and then save to their portfolio
Creating a portfolio story from scratch
You can create a portfolio story in the same way you create a child story. If you don't know how to create a child story you can follow these instructions. But in the drop-down selector at the top of the screen, instead of selecting your service/room name, select My Portfolio.
1. To begin, tap the Create story button
Note: If you're creating the story from your portfolio, you will already be selected and won't need to follow any of the steps below.
2. Tap the group selector where you usually select your service or room name, and choose My Portfolio:
3. Once you have selected My Portfolio, you will be shown as an educator in the story:
4. When you're finished writing your portfolio story, tap Publish and the story will be saved to your portfolio's stories page:
Duplicating a child story to save to your portfolio
Follow these instructions to learn how to duplicate a story. Once you've duplicated a story, it will be saved to your drafts and you are free to edit any aspect of it before publishing it like any other story.
Publishing a portfolio story
When you publish a portfolio story it will be saved to your personal portfolio and by default can only be seen by you. If you'd like other contributors to see it you can go to your portfolio stories page, click the arrow in the top right of the story preview card and select all or individual contributors you'd like to make it visible to. Now when one of those educators visits your portfolio stories page, they'll see this story.
For more on how to add or remove a contributors access from your educator portfolio, learn more here.
Linking your portfolio stories together for your appraisals