Child notes can be categorised to allow easy filtering of different types of notes.
All services start with a predefined base set of categories but educator admins are able to edit and add their own categories. For example, you could change the predefined 'Goal' category to 'Aspirations', or you could add a completely new category called 'Parent aspirations'.
In this guide, learn about:
1. Adding a category to a child note
2. Removing a category from a child note
Adding a category to a child note
1. When creating a new child note, tap the Select category button on the top right of the child note box:
2. Click the category that you want to add to the note.
3. Finish creating your child note and click Post.
Removing a category from a child note
To remove a category from a note that you are editing click the 'x' icon to the right of the selected category:
Filtering child notes by category
Go to a child's child notes page.
Click Filter by on the right-hand side of the page.
Select a category to return a filtered list of child notes with that category:
Note: If a child note is linked to another child note, both of the notes' categories will be included when filtering by one or the other category.
Creating a new category
1. Open the category menu by clicking Select category.
2. Click New category.
3. Enter the name of your new category:
4. Select a category colour.
5. Click the Create button and the new category will be found in your categories list.
Editing an existing category
Open the category menu by clicking Select category.
Click Edit to the right of the category you want to edit.
Edit the name or colour for the category.
Tap the Save button.
📝 Other articles you may be interested in:
What are child notes?
Create a child note
Edit or delete a child note
Linking stories and child notes (for educators)
View child notes on the Storypark for Families app (for families)