In this guide learn about:
1. What is the Kidsoft/Storypark integration?
2. How to set up the Kidsoft/Storypark integration
3. Managing the Kidsoft/Storypark integration
4. Turning off the Kidsoft/Storypark integration
What is the Kidsoft/Storypark integration?
The Kidsoft/Storypark integration links the two software providers, with Kidsoft being the 'source of truth'. This means, any changes your service makes in Kidsoft will carry over to Storypark - this happens via a sync that runs every 12 hours.
Admin educators can set up and manage the Kidsoft/Storypark integration within Storypark. Once the integration is set up, educators who are familiar with Storypark will find there are a few changes to their usual processes.
How to set up the Kidsoft/Storypark integration
To get the Kidsoft/Storypark integration, you’ll firstly need to get in touch with Kidsoft and request that they turn on the integration from their end.
Once they’ve turned it on for you, you’ll need to let Storypark know your Kidsoft Service PIN. Your Service PIN, is located on the top right-hand corner of Kidsoft alongside your service name i.e. S434783895
Once Storypark has confirmed that they have turned the integration on from their end, you need to then log into Storypark and complete the setup.
1) Click on the gear symbol at the top-right of Storypark and then click on Account.
2) Scroll down the Account page and then you’ll see the Integrations section. Tap Set up syncing to start the mapping process:
3) This will bring you to a screen that shows all of the children’s details that have been pulled through from Kidsoft:
4) Before starting the matching process we'd recommend refreshing the information from Kidsoft to ensure you've got the most up to date information. At the bottom of the page you can click Refresh information from Kidsoft to view the most recent information.
5) Storypark will automatically match the names of existing children’s profiles to the names pulled through from Kidsoft. If you want to change the mapping click the drop down menu and select one of the other options
Create new Storypark profile - sets up a new profile for that child.
Don’t add to Storypark - excludes the child from syncing
A different child’s name - syncs the child with a different existing child on Storypark
6) Once you’re done mapping the children, scroll down to map any rooms from Kidsoft to Storypark:
Once done, tap Set up now at the bottom of the page:
7) A confirmation screen will pop up. Click Continue setup to finish the set up.
8) Once the mapping is completed, the changes you made will now be reflected in Storypark - i.e. profiles you opted to create or link will be available:
Managing the Kidsoft/Storypark integration
Making changes after set up
After the initial set up, additional changes can be made by going back to the Integration section of your Account page and tapping on the Kidsoft option. You can then change any of the mappings and then tap Update to update your Kidsoft settings.
Note: Adding and removing child profiles should be done within Kidsoft - as this will automatically carry over to Storypark.
Invitations to child profiles are not automatically sent by the Kidsoft/Storypark integration. This means that educators will still need to send invitations within Storypark for child profiles created by the integration.
Rooms and bookings
Once a room is connected via the integration, integrated child profiles in Storypark will automatically move between rooms as their bookings dictate.
If a room does not have any bookings for the current or following six weeks, it will no longer be considered active and be removed from Storypark. If you are concerned about this happening over a holiday period for example, contact our customer support team to discuss some available options.
If new rooms are created in Kidsoft they will automatically be added to Storypark.
Turning off the Kidsoft/Storypark integration
If you are changing your CCMS provider or no longer require an integration with Kidsoft, it is important that you contact the Storypark customer support team so they can turn it off for you.
📝 Other articles you may be interested in:
What changes when Storypark integrates with your CCMS provider?