When you first set up your early learning service, you can upload multiple children really quickly. Just follow the steps below.
1. Go to your early learning service's ‘Children' page.
2. Find the ‘Add new child’ link and under this click ‘or add multiple children’.
3. Under ‘Step 1’, download and open the spreadsheet template provided.
4. Under ‘Step 2’, begin adding your early learning service's children to the template on row 2 (underneath the headings), making sure to follow the format provided exactly. When you’ve finished click ‘Save’ – it must be saved in the same format provided (a .CSV file).
5. Under ‘Step 3’, click the ‘Choose file’ button and find the template you’ve just edited (check your computer’s ‘Downloads’ folder if you can’t find it).
6. Click the ‘Import’ button and wait for the children to be imported.
Each time you add multiple children, make sure you download a new blank template rather than reusing an existing one with children already added, so you don’t create duplicates of the children.