An admin of a child's profile can:
- make other people admins
- remove other people’s admin rights
- invite and remove other family members
- invite early learning services to a child's profile
- access and contribute to a child's private notes, and other documentation
- access and contribute to a child's early learning service's community discussions
- delete a child's profile.
For security reasons, educators should only invite parents or guardians to a child's profile. They will become admins of the child's account, and then have control to manage anyone else who has access to their child’s stories and information. They can invite as many other family members as they like and can also make any of those people Admins (usually both parents will be Admins).
Think carefully before granting another person admin rights for a child because that person will then have joint responsibility over the child's Storypark profile. Generally, admin rights should only be given to the child's parents or a primary caregivers. You must have a high level of trust in that person, particularly as they can then invite other people to view the child's profile, and also delete the child's profile.
There are several ways to give admin rights to someone:
Giving admin rights when sending the invitation:
- Click the 'Invite' button at the top of the page.
- Fill out the recipient's email address and click the checkbox next to the word 'Admin'.
Giving admin rights on a child's profile page:
- Go to a child's profile page and click the 'Family' tab.
2. Find the person to whom you wish to grant admin rights.
3. Click the arrow in the top right corner of that family member's tile, and from the drop-down menu select 'Make admin'.
4. That person will now have all the additional rights outlined above.
To remove admin rights from a person, click the arrow in the top right corner of that person’s tile and from the drop-down menu select 'Remove as admin'.
This can also be managed through the Storypark for Families mobile apps:
When inviting a family member, choose whether you want them to be an admin by tapping the 'Admin' toggle.
Alternatively, view 'My children' in your settings, tap on a child to Edit, and manage the admin rights of each family member.