In this guide, learn about:
Note: this article describes how parents can make others Admins for their own children using the website version of Storypark. Admin family members can also make someone an Admin through the Storypark for Families mobile apps.
An admin of a child's profile can:
make other people admins
remove other people’s admin rights
invite and remove other family members
invite early learning services to a child's profile
access and contribute to a child's private notes, and other documentation
access and contribute to a child's early learning service's community discussions
delete a child's profile.
For security reasons, educators should only invite parents or guardians to a child's profile. They will become admins of the child's account, and then have control to manage anyone else who has access to their child’s stories and information. They can invite as many other family members as they like and can also make any of those people Admins (usually both parents will be Admins).
Think carefully before granting another person admin rights for a child because that person will then have joint responsibility over the child's Storypark profile.
Generally, admin rights should only be given to the child's parents or a primary caregivers. You must have a high level of trust in that person, particularly as they can then invite other people to view the child's profile, and also delete the child's profile.
Inviting a family member to be an admin for a child's profile
1. Log into the Storypark website and click the Invite button at the top right-hand side of the page:
2. Fill out the recipient's email address and click the checkbox next to the word 'Admin'.
Once the person you have invited has accepted your invitation, they will be connected to the child as an admin.
Updating admin rights on a child's profile page
1. Go to your child's profile page. You can find this by going to the Menu in the top-left corner of the screen and selecting the child profile that you wish to update access for and then click the Family tab.
2. Find the person to whom you wish to grant admin rights and click the arrow in the top right corner of that family member's tile, and from the drop-down menu select 'Make admin'. This person will now have all the additional rights outlined above.
3. To remove admin rights from a person, click the arrow in the top right corner of that person’s tile and from the drop-down menu select 'Remove as admin'.