Once you're confident with Storypark, effectively educating and welcoming parents is an important next step.
Parents will want to know:
- why you are implementing Storypark
- how it will benefit their child's learning
- who owns children's information
- how much it will cost them
- how private and secure Storypark is
- what they have to do next.
It's also important that you appropriately manage parents expectations so that you both know what is/isn't going to happen every day/week.
This document is designed for you to share with parents to help answer some of the initial questions.
Storypark also has this section in our help centre just for parents.
You might also wish to use one of our videos to help parents learn more about Storypark:
- Advice from parents using Storypark
- Why families love Storypark
- Connecting families
- Making a difference for parents
- What do dads think about Storypark?
- What sort of impact has Storypark had for KU services?
Below is a draft email/letter that you can customise and send to parents as part of the welcoming process:
(Insert your early learning service's name) is excited to announce that we will be implementing Storypark – a secure, private online space to ensure your child receives the best support possible and that you are involved and up-to-date with your child’s development.
Storypark provides each child with an online community which you (their parent/guardian) own and control who has access to, at no cost, for as long as you wish.
Storypark helps teachers, children and families:
- improve understanding of each child’s interests and abilities so they receive even better support
- deepen relationships and strengthen communication
- share videos, photos and text capturing children’s learning and development
- create a portfolio of your child’s learning that travels with your child and can be accessed by you forever
- reinforce experiences and deepen children’s learning
- capture family culture and heritage
- involve the children in their portfolio
- interact quickly and effectively through iPhone, Android and tablets
- create smooth transitions when your child moves from one teacher/centre to another.
You can choose to add your own stories or leave comments and feedback for children and our teaching team. You can also choose to share these stories with family members if you wish. We hope that you will invite your extended family so that the children have an authentic audience who are genuinely interested in their learning.
Obviously we have considered the aspects of cybersafety and made sure our teaching team have the knowledge and skills to ensure we are cybersafe. Storypark takes security very seriously. Storypark is not open for anyone to read, it is a password-protected private space for you, your child’s teachers and your family.
Content we add will only be shared with our teachers and the family members you choose to invite. No personal information is shared with any third party.
What do you need to do now? With your permission, we will create and invite you to your child’s Storypark community. All you need to do is accept the invite and participate.
We welcome your feedback and look forward to providing an even more responsive, innovative and valuable experience for you and your child."