In this guide learn about:
Note: Entering a password incorrectly more than 10 times locks your account and you’ll need to contact Storypark support to unlock it.
Reseting or changing your password
If you don't know your current password, you'll need to ensure you're currently logged out of Storypark before beginning.
1. Go to the website www.storypark.com and tap Log in at the top of the screen:
2. Above the password field tap Forgot your password?
3. Where prompted, enter the email address your current Storypark account is under and tap Email me instructions:
4. In a few moments you should receive an email titled Storypark password reset request
5. Tap the reset button in the email and you’ll be taken to a page where you can change your password:
6. Once you've entered and confirmed your password you should be able to use the new password to log in.
Password reset - FAQs
Q: I have completed the steps to reset my password, but I am still unable to log in?
A: Some devices store passwords in secure 'keychains' so when you go to a site and need to enter a password your device can autocomplete it for you.
This can become problematic when you've reset a password but the device still stores your old password. When you press 'Submit' at login, your device will autofill using the old password, which will is now incorrect.
To fix this, clear your keychain, then type your new password into Storypark when logging in.
Q: Why haven't I received an email with password reset instructions?
A: In some instances, the password reset email might have been delivered to a spam or junk email inbox, particularly if email@example.com has been marked as spam previously.
Try checking your spam or junk email folder in your inbox for the password reset email.