By using a planning note you can link multiple stories and/or notes together, enabling continuity and observation of the learning journey.
1. If you have stories or notes you want to link together, create a planning note by either clicking the 'Planning note' tab at the top of your latest activity page, your service's or room's planning notes page, or on a child's planning notes page:
2. Before you can create a planning note you need to select who it is associated with – ie. for 'Teacher only planning notes' select a room within your service (if applicable), and for 'Child planning notes' select a child.
3. Once selected, click the link/chain icon that appears:
4. Select the stories and/or previous planning notes you wish to link together. You can select only stories, only notes, or a mixture of both by toggling between the two tabs at the top:
5. Click the 'Done' button and the stories/notes will be embedded together into your new planning note:
6. You can explain in the text area why you have linked these stories/notes together. Selecting a category, eg. 'Opportunity' before posting helps to categorise and explain the linked stories and notes.
7. Once you've finished, click 'Post' and the planning note will be visible to all those associated with the note.