Who can view and contribute to a conversation?
- Only the person who created the conversation and the person/people they added to the conversation.
Who can view and contribute to a community post?
- Only the family admins (the parent or guardian who initially set up a child’s profile or was invited by the teacher) for each child at that early learning service.
- All teachers at the early learning service.
(Note there are also settings to disable comments and posting abilities for parents.)
Who can view our service’s reports?
- Only teachers at the service to which the reports relate.
- Teachers with admin rights can see additional reports about other teachers.
Who can view and contribute to an individual child’s stories and profile?
- The family admin (the parent or guardian who initially set up a child’s profile or was invited by the teacher).
- Any other family members or specialists who have been invited to a child’s profile by the family admin.
- Any teachers who have access to a child's profile because the child attends a service where they are currently a teacher.
Who can view and contribute to a group story, i.e. a story that includes multiple children?
- The family admin for each child (i.e. each parent or guardian who initially set up each child’s profile or was invited by the teacher) added to the story can see the content of the story and the first names and profile images of other children in the story. Other children’s names are not links.
- The family members or specialists invited by each family admin for every child included in the story. They can see the content of the story but no names and images of other children in the story. Their view simply states that is it a group story and any comments they make will be seen by other people who have access to children in the story.
- The teachers at a service that the children in the story attends. They can see the content of the story and all the children’s names and profile images in the story; the children’s names are links to the child’s profiles. They can also comment and access those children’s profiles.
What happens if a child attends more than one early learning service?
Sometimes a child attends more than one early learning service. This means they are part of a larger learning community and it’s important this community can communicate and understand each other’s experiences and insights with the child. This helps the community best support the child’s interests and strengths as they develop over time.
- All teachers invited to a child’s profile (i.e. at both services) can see the individual stories that relate to the child, including those created by teachers at the other service.
- All teachers can see a child’s individual planning notes, including those created by teachers at the other services.
- Teachers cannot see group stories, community posts, conversations (unless expressly invited to them), portfolios, reports, the 'about' area, teacher only planning notes or teacher information for other services which a child who attends their service also attends.
- Teachers can only edit stories they have created themselves. Stories created at other services cannot be edited.
- Teachers who have admin rights can edit other teachers' stories at the same service.
- All teachers and parents are able to change the profile photo of the child. We recommend asking parents to choose an image they like.
Who can see teacher planning notes?
- Only teachers at the service at which the teacher only planning notes have been created.