Planning notes can be categorised to allow easy filtering of different types of notes.
All services start with a predefined base set of categories but teacher admins are able to edit and add their own categories. For example, you could change the predefined 'Goal' category to 'Aspirations', or you could add a completely new category called 'Parent aspirations'.
Adding a category to a planning note
1. When creating a new planning note, click the 'Select category' button on the top right of the planning note box:
2. Click the category that you want to add to the note.
3. Finish creating your planning note and click 'Post'.
Removing a category from a planning note
To remove a category from a post that you are editing click the 'x' icon to the right of the selected category:
Filtering planning posts by category
- Go to a child's 'Planning notes' page.
- Click 'Filter by' on the right-hand side of the page.
- Select a category to return a filtered list of planning posts with that category:
NB: If a planning note is linked to another planning note, both of the notes' categories will be included when filtering by one or the other category.
Creating a new category
1. Open the category menu by clicking 'Select category'.
2. Click 'New category'.
3. Enter the name of your new category:
4. Select a category colour.
5. Click the 'Create' button and the new category will be found in your categories list.
Editing an existing category
- Open the category menu by clicking 'Select category'.
- Click 'Edit' to the right of the category you want to edit.
- Edit the name or colour for the category.
- Click the 'Save' button.