We'll shortly be launching 'Planning', a better way to plan with your team. We are inviting services to access this new feature before we officially launch it. This article is for services that opt in.
What this will mean for your current planning
When this launches, you'll have a new Planning tab on your services’s profile page that replaces your current teacher planning notes.
Don't worry, we've put any teacher planning notes you've created previously into a special new Archived area. (You can access them but you won't be able to create new ones.)
How it will help you
Everyone plans differently so we've built this new planning tool so you can create and manage your own planning templates – you and your team can plan the way you want, with who you want.
- Keep a plan private, or involve all teachers by inviting them to contribute.
- Build understanding with parents by inviting them to view and comment on any plans you choose to share.
- Provide an overview of what’s happening at your service.
- Link stories, plans and child notes together, making it easier to visualise the learning journey for each child.
- Keep all your service's tasks, admin, documents, policies and planning in one easy-to-access place.
What you can use it for
Because of its flexibility, you'll be able to use the new planning area across all aspects of your practice. For example:
- Programme/curriculum planning (individual, group, service-wide, projects)
- Child information ('About me' sheets, interests, goals and aspirations, family, friendships, emergency contacts, allergies etc.)
- Organisational planning (annual plans, meeting minutes)
- Evaluations (quality improvement plans, self reviews, teacher appraisals)
- Assessments (formative, summative, transitions)
- Professional learning (personal development plans, private reflective journals)
- Regulatory documentation (consulting on and storing important docs and policies)
What happens now
We're running an 'open beta' where service admins will be able to opt in to having this feature turned on for their service.
During this early access period, we want to learn and be inspired by how people are using plans, and where we can improve. We’d love to hear your feedback!